Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Does it get any Sweeter?



Yesterday I found myself overwhelmed by God's unconditional love! Not only does He show me daily that He loves me, but He also take the time to remind me! The family that He has blessed me with is my daily reminder! When I see my husband and children I feel such so incredibly blessed! The tears are starting again as I type this! :)
Family and Home are my two favorite words and I am so thankful for what each word means and brings to my life! The beginning of Family is Home and in my home Family is Everything! A sweet phone call yesterday reminded me how short this life on earth is and how important each moment with the ones that I love the most are! What a privilege to be a wife and mother! Even better yet, I get to be a stay-at-home Mommy!! :)
This phone call challenged me to value the little moments that I have with my sweet family. Those moments that I can't go back and re-live! My house will ALWAYS have dirty laundry, dirty dishes, dirty carpets, dust, and cobwebs, but my Home will not always know the sound of children(playing or fighting). My home will not always have little finger prints on the freshly cleaned windows and mirrors, but they will be in my heart. My home will not always have dirty foot prints on my clean floor, or bath water all over the bathroom floor, soggy Cheerios on the floor, a snugly child, icky green noses, Thomas railroad tracks to step on :(, toys all over the backyard, ... get the point? These small, mundane, ever day, little things can make or break me! I am learning to wake up in the morning and before I even get out of my bed I am taking the time to thank the Lord that I can hear my children hollering(I have to go potty! this is usually the case in my house :)) and I can hear my baby girl cry for me at all hours of the night. I have two feet to walk down my bedroom steps to take care of these precious children and I have two arms to hold my children tight! I have so much to be thankful for! Someday my children will be grown and I won't have a mess. Will I miss the mess? No, but I will miss the children! I am determined to live this day loving the little moments and laughing at the crazy ones! Hey, wanna join me? Don't think about tomorrow, just live FOR today! Remember, you only have one today! Make it Great! Only you can make today amazing!

7 comments:

  1. Very nice...I enjoyed reading this! Great job! :)
    The Lord should continue to bless you and your family with only GOOD things....health, love and happiness.
    Love,
    Nikki

    ReplyDelete
  2. :) Tears well up when I look at my children too! What a blessing from God! You are a great mommy! I strive every day to make my HOME a HAPPY one:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that profile picture, Krissy!! So cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautifully put Atina! It sure is strange to know all my babies are grown some with babies of their own (But grandbabies are the best ever, ask your mom ;-) ) As much as I love the quiet these days it is sad that my baby girl is 20!!! My granddaughters & grandsons came over yeaster and took all the "treasures" they could carry (Grammas get rid of stuff, the girls were estatic! They totally loved taking the flower baskets, and you should have seen the excitement over a full container of ink pens they went through it was so cute to watch their excitement over such small things, I swear their eyes were sparkling when they left. ;-) So even tho our babies grow up we do reap the rewards of grandchildren, and that is more precious than gold. Love you! Aunt Lori

    ReplyDelete